Leftover wings went for lunch today and I managed to abstain from decorating my shirt with it. So continuing my tour of Asia, we look farther East to Thailand on the map and farther back in my pantry for ingredients.
Large sautee pan with lid, high sides preferred.
114g Can of Maesri Masaman Curry Paste
1/2 to 1 lb peeled, deveined shrimp
14 oz can of coconut milk
1″ fresh ginger, sliced into 4 pieces then smashed
5 small green chilis, stem removed and smashed
1/2 lb potatoes, .25″ dice
1/2 cup warm water
2 tbs cooking oil
1. Add cooking oil to cold pan and heat medium low.
2. Add curry paste and stir for 2 minutes to evenly coat the bottom of the pan.
3. Add half the can of coconut milk, ginger & chilis and slowly stir through curry paste to evenly combine.
4. Heat until lightly simmering, add potatoes, remaining coconut milk, water and potatoes. Stir to combine.
5. Cover and simmer 15 minutes.
6. Add shrimp, stir through to coat with curry and cover again for 5 minutes.
Serve with bread or rice.
October 5, 2010
Dinner Bell: Masaman Shrimp Curry | nerditry via windsyan zog