SEO

October 17, 2009

Sorry, Cinesmoke is no longer accepting orders. Cinesmoke - Smoking Videos - that's a bummer




POOL PUFFING (Don't Get My Cigarette Wet) $35












Starring: Phi, Karina and Jo

Three beautiful girls. One pool. Lots of cigarettes. It's all Virginia Slims in this one, and the girls share two cigars. Jo, the redhead, is a pro smoker, but Phi and Karina not so. Karina (or "Katrina", as I like to call her in the video) hardly inhales, and her smoking is awkward. But Phi, yes let's talk about Phi, the asian girl, was my favorite, she normally only smokes socially, and started out lightly smoking in this video but by the end of it she was smoking like a regular. I'd turn the camera off at the end of a take and she'd keep smoking. She sits there with her cigarette and says to me "I'm getting used to these things." I'm like great why don't you say that on camera. But whatever.

Yes, I brought a tripod to the shoot. In fact, in a number of shots, you can see it in the background.

Actually, regarding the use of handheld camera, someone ought to thank me, I was walking around in four feet of water with a $5500 DVCam camera on my shoulder to get nice shots. The lengths I go to...

Except for the music, and the fact it looks nicer, this is kind of old school Cinesmoke in style, it's outdoors, handheld camera, using existing light. The first 24 min take place in the pool and is accompanied by music rather than live audio, after that we go to live audio as the girls relax on the patio having strawberries and cigarettes, and then they all enjoy a nice slice of Cinesmoke cake. You can't get it at your local bakery. A Cinesmoke cake has to have a nice design on it, and then beautiful girls have to light their cigarettes from it, and then they have to replace the candles with cigarettes, one cigarette per slice. That's how you get a Cinesmoke cake.

Then the girls head to the hottub to smoke some more and finish it all off by popping some balloons. No, I'm not catering to balloon people, the balloons were there so we did it for fun, Phi especially seemed to enjoy that.

I left in a couple awkward camera moves on the patio because they are accompanied by interesting comments from the girls. Enjoy the cinema verite feel, another trait of old school Cinesmoke videos. I actually like it quite a bit and it has inspired me creatively for future videos.

Running time: 38 min
Cinesmoke - Smoking Videos