SEO

January 17, 2019

.@TheSongBar 3 YouTube Playlists (Bowie Jean Genie influences, Soundalikes A-list, Soundalikes B-list)


https://yt3.ggpht.com/a-/AAuE7mCqh_SL-Ji3QrW4svX0rf_axzlrP9i8blBddQ=s288-mo-c-c0xffffffff-rj-k-no


TheSongBar 

Bowie Jean Genie influences

4 videos

So many excellent noms over the festive period!
Quite a few of my B-List picks were on my first draft A-List, but many of them are previously zedded – including, amazingly, The Sweet’s Blockbuster!

But in any case that riff can be traced back much farther than Bowie.
Incidentally, three recordings are usually cited as the major influences on The Jean Genie:

Jacques Dutronc -  La Fille du Père Noël

The Shadows of Knight – Oh Yeah

The Yardbirds – I’m A Man  


Soundalikes A-list

24 videos

 The Echoey A-List Playlist:
The Beach Boys - Surfin’ Usa
(Chuck Berry - Sweet Little Sixteen)
The Beatles – I Feel Fine
(Bobby Parker – Watch Your Step)
The Ting Tings – That’s Not My Name
(Toni Basil - Mickey)
The Daysleepers – Release The Kraken
(Blue Oyster Cult – Don’t Fear The Reaper)
Sam Spence – The Pony Soldiers
(Booker T & The MGs – Hang’em High)  
Kevin Ayers – The Clarietta Rag
(The Beatles – Being For The Benefit Of Mr Kite)
The Aerovons – Resurrection
(The Beatles - Across The Universe) 
Cadaver Club – Follow Me To Hell
(Marvin Berry & The Starlighters – Earth Angel)
Teitur – The Singer
(Laurie Anderson – O Superman)
The Pogues – Wild Cats Of Kilkenny
(BBC Radiophonic Workshop - Dr Who Theme)  
Coldplay – Talk
(Kraftwerk – Computer Love)
The Motors - Forget About You
(Keith Mansfield - Grandstand Theme)

Soundalikes B-list

22 videos

The Bring It Back B-list Playlist:


The Sweet - Blockbuster
(David Bowie - The Jean Genie)
The Beach Boys – Don’t Worry Baby
(The Ronettes - Be My Baby)
George Harrison - My Sweet Lord
(The Chiffons - He’s So Fine)
Green Day - Warning
(The Kinks - Picture Book)
Nick Lowe - I Love The Sound Of Breaking Glass
(David Bowie - Sound + Vision)
Jet - Are You Gonna Be My Girl?
(Iggy Pop - Lust For Life)
Adam & The Ants – Prince Charming
(Rolf Harris – War Canoe)
Steely Dan – Rikki Don’t Lose That Number
(Horace Silver – Song For My Father)
The Beatles - Lady Madonna
(Humphrey Lyttleton Band – Bad Penny Blues)
Avishai Cohen – Will I Die, Miss? Will I Die?
(Miles Davis – Nuit Sur Les Champs-Élysées) 
Nico - Afraid
(Pachelbel – Canon In D Major)