SEO

January 6, 2019

№ 1 Alex Chilton ♥ tribute ★ № 3 rarest video ♩ update ☆ ♨ № Final ℞ dose of Alex Chilton essay ♨





 

№ 1 Alex Chilton ♥ tribute ★ 

3.18.10

№ 3 rarest video UPDATE 

1.5.19

Join me in mourning my friend, labelmate, and musician genial, Alex
Chilton


Alex Chilton MAKE A LITTLE LOVE (NEW ROSE)







Alex Chilton Bangkok

  

R.I.P. Alex Chilton


David Julian Leonard is making a film on Alex Chilton, so I pulled this out from October 26, 2009
♥ mrjyn


always a crowd pleaser, and i'm convinced that lx never changed at all from this video to the day he
died.

 



Alex Chilton • The Box Tops • The Letter • 1967



TV horror-host John Zacherley's "Disc-O-Teen" 1967 Halloween dance party episode, featuring an appearance by The BOX TOPS.

Alex Chilton and the band don't actually perform, but their hit single "The Letter" is played twice during the dance show.

The band endures Zach's jibes, including lessons on how to flirt with teenage girls from New Jersey.

The
Box Tops chat it up with the horror-host while they plug their album,
an upcoming European tour, and a show at the Cheetah Club in NYC!

Happy Halloween!!
and thank god for continuity: Ross Johnson Tav Falco Patrick Mathe


 ♫♩♪ ♬ ★ ☆♥℞№ ♨Ⓧ∴◎×☼ 〓 ⊥ 〒 Ⓨ

Last Dose of Alex Chilton (Cleveland Box Tops Review) email to Doug Easley





1.  the first thing that's on my mind, is,
and you better answer some of these. I know how to deal with you silent
but deadly types; twice as many questions as you want answered.


I went
and saw the Box Tops at Beachhead in Cleve, and saw Peggy and Sue
Million
and the guys from Reigning Sound who were playing the next night
with Mary Weiss from Shanghai-la's. I vaguely even remembered the
singer guy, although it was the drummer guy who was married to Sue
Million who was nice enough to put me on the list, but back to the
Tops
:


Fucking weirdest show.


Except maybe for James brown on PCP, or the
time George Jones rode off on the back of a motorcycle with a bottle of
Mariquilla in his hand and a 22-year-old Blond-driveler-Shintoist-yeah.


2. I know probably 99 different types of irony, and use them all the
time, and this was not one of them. Still not able to tell you if Alex
was being real or not, having seen his scroungy act (Little Fishes,
anyone?), and having seen his superconducting distant act (Panther Burns as sideman). This one was more like a Game Show host for the Sultana
Brunei
. I knew the fee was six-figures or a hundred virgins. I
understood, but this was boring Cleveland, and an Oldies show at that,
and there wouldn't be more than 150 people. I guess it was Irony 101.
Anyway, they played "Whiter Shade of Pale" and a couple other ones, LX
on bass for Green Onions. I really am not prepared to mine my psyche to
explain. I go directly to the backstage orgy of me and Lx. I walk
backhand-tentatively, after being convinced by Sue that it would be fun
despite the weird scenes that I had, and the complete schizophrenic
quality of our long but sparse relations. He'd just finished
Burn-N some High Grade Locoweed. Still, so Sue goes first and does
the 'remember me? I met you at western sizzlin' when.


3. I was a waitress, and watching graceless; he's lookout-inchoate.

I can only describe a very lax Hamiltonian.

Not sure which way he's
gonna go with the whole remember me reply, but then. I look around and
it's a whole different backstage scene, man. Local radio DJs. I assume
from oldies stations, family members of other boxtops, Midwestern
people. I still have not figured out; and Sue is dressed like Adultery
Vaudeville
.
Somehow that took a little pressure off me in case he decided
to let her have it. I knew that it'd be OK. I knowing. I
make her cry, then Alex mightn't able to make her morph into a bush. So
he's doing that lx-thing, and cachepots, blowguns in the chasms of
his mind, and he's probably thinking about something, and she
finishes, and he says, "Oh, yeah, vaguely," and it works--shes happy and
he's still thinking, and nobody gets hurt.


4. Now its my turnaround course. Smart enough to just stand there
and look at him without risking saying any words that might be used
against me in his comeback--he looks a lot older, handsome. From the
last time, maybe 7, 8 years ago, we had a good, weird New Orleans
evening together, and he was the Incontestability. I was buying the Cuba
Libras
, and he breaks out in the biggest grin you've ever seen and does
the whole what the fuck are you doing here-routine with, so far, no
repercussion I haven't seen anyone I know yet, except for the night
before with Peggy and that guy who frowns, and its great. I really am
believing in it
, just a little suspicious. I don't know if it was
the extra ADD, or whatever. I couldn't keep my mouth shut. I talked
to Alex. I would have never done probably as the first person since I've been here; so it was 7 months-worth of stuff; and
with me, ya know, I can go a little bit overboard, to say the least,
with the questions
, and if


5.  you let me get away with one the second one's gonna be even
weirder and then exponentially on and onto. Up to the question about
something like, hey, Ive been meaning to ask you, do you remember a guy
around Stax nicknamed Super Whitey. I was doing Linda Gail's
record
........you can imagine....well, that was the tipper: Jekyll met
hide
and it was memorable: something like this.

I asked him about
that bouncer guy at that weird bar in the seventies that's in that
Memphis book who sang on that Bach's bottom stuff, and was an Eggleston/Chilton Quaalude-pal
... not a good start; so it was, you know, marry the
problem with questions about things you know a little bit, but you have
no idea what it is that you're talky about--it was kinda like Andy
Griffith and Barney
. I was just smiley and lovey, but he smelled blood
and the whole place stopped and was presetting the oldies star who sang
the letter. And then it got downright absurdity, denying knowing anybody
that was a bouncer
, and, the best one was, and even Gary from boxtops
laughed at this one--that he never knew anyone in Memphis who carried a
gun
.

I couldn't contain myself and. I think. I told him how. how I met Cyndi
Underwood
; how she leaned over the Tenna bar to me. I just gotten
offstage with you guys, and asked me if...I wanted to go back to her
place and have some Lemon Meringue pie
, and she was wearing a fur
coat
--nothing on underneath, and then her Derringer fell onto the floor
out of her boots...well.


6. I don't know if he knew her, Vouchsafe, KNEW her, but he did some
more stuff, and about ten minutes later it normalized out when I brought
up Harold Cowart, my Louisiana bass player buddy, who used to play with
John Fred, etc.

Ya know, trying to throw in the obscure cool thing.

I
think it heated off and worked. Cut to Gary Top; got in the conversation,
and Alex started telling stories 'bout the playboys, and it was
great. I never thought I'd hear those stories out of his mouth in a
million years, and it was almost over.

I had a few more questions, like
about Katrina, which was his favorite subject apparently, and I got to
hear, I got rescued off my roof by a helicopter story.


I had not heard
before but which must have been almost rote, having been in New Orleans
for the past few months, and he told me some almost unreadable-for-sincerity--update about Gus, and that...I don't know.


And he was
eager to talk about the old gang, so we went over ReneRon (Easley), you (Doug Easley), Ross (Johnson), Don (Spicer), George R., and whoever else we could think of.



now keep in mind he's doing this. I think he can, at this point, at
least, give us barely perceptible rockstar eyebrow looks as one by one
the Beefaroni Midwestern middlebrows come by and hand him a Box Tops
record, DJs come up and talk about the show or their station, and one
woman hands him a picture of her boyfriend to sign crusher only piece of
paper she's got--on that one he starts to laugh and brings me into the
exchange, and gets close to the old evil LX.


I can recall couching
hidden sarcasms and practiced understatements... I was gonna write about
a bunch of stuff.


I say.


I'll save it for next time.


I may not ever
feel this prolific, thankfully, for you, again.
This is officially the
longest email I've ever written anybody. 


Holla.




  ♪ ♬ ★ ♥℞№ ♨Ⓧ∴◎×☼ 〓 ⊥ 〒 Ⓨ





6 MP3s Alex Chilton - Take Me Home And Make Me Like It! + Bangkok via Favorite Blog: Probe is Turning-on the People)





What Gets Me Hot: Alex Chilton died???

Last night the festive stratosphere here at South by Southwest was interrupted when news broke that Alex Chilton had died. As part of the Box Tops and Big Star...MIRACULOUSLY SOME EMBEDDED VIDEOS SURVIVE FROM THIS POST!

What Gets Me Hot: Robert Palmer : Famed Music Critic Robert Palmer ...

Patti Smith played a benefit show for Palmer in late October at C.B.G.B.'s in New York, while alternative-rock pioneer AlexChilton and legendary ...


What Gets Me Hot: 10 Tombstones - Filed under 'Death'

Dec 10, 2009 ... 2009 (5); Advertising (5); Alex Chilton (5); Baby Doll (5); Big Bird (5); Black Eyed Peas (5); Cormac McCarthy (5); David Bowie (5) ...

MP3 Alex Chilton Tennis Bum

MP3 Alex Chilton Tennis Bum. Alex Chilton: Tennis Bum. Tennis court with dimensions Image via Wikipedia.

JIM DICKINSON 50th Birthday Book - thanks tex for showing me my ...

as well as serving as co-producer with Alex Chilton on the 1979 Chilton album Like Flies on Sherbert. He has produced Willy DeVille, Green on Red, ...









3.18.2010



Alex Chilton "What Gets Me Hot" Displaying 1 - 8 of about 32 results Lijit

』【thanks to the original post which the internet has ruined】 ♫♩♪ ♬ ★ ☆♥℞№ ♨Ⓧ
∴◎×☼ 〓 ⊥ 〒 Ⓨ
Ⓧ 3D 3-D℞ 3-D


Bangkok
"Alex Chilton" R.I.P. sxsw "panther burns" "New Orleans" memphis "the
letter" "make a little love" box tops" "tav falco" "jim dickinson" "New
Rose" disque "patrick mathe" records Bangkok "My Rival" 3-D "like flies
on sherbert" "william eggleston" "jim dickinson" chilton "the box tops"
3d hd "greatest hits" punk mrjyn whatgetsmehot youweirdtube
yt:quality=high "george reinecke" coman "ross johnson"