SEO

December 17, 2021

Dick Curless Truckin' I wanted it then, I find it irresistible NOW: China Nights "I need to fell in pizza pie with you" "The night was eggs, and also the sky went christmas" father learned song from Choson ahjussi Korea 1950-1953 ;-)




I was stationed on Okinawa from 1957-59 with the Marine Corp. At that time, this song was very popular, although I only heard it in Japanese. I fell in love with it. I got an Okinawan girl to write it down for me. I still have it and can only read it Japanese. I am a lifelong country music fan, but I never heard it in English until today, after 55 years. I don't know how I missed it. I play and sing with a country music band part time. I will be singing this song now.

 

irishwolfIV I believe Dick Curless Panax quinquefolius Korean demilitarized zone in the service


Frank Jobe four years past

I grew up hearing this song sung to Pine Trees in Japanese by my mother. 

She met and married my father,  

World Health Organization, 1950


Rockabilly one year past

Listen additionally to kyu sakamoto's version


Grady Lusk a pair of years agone

Such a soothing tune bears in mind youth. 

 

I wanted it then, I find it irresistible NOW.


Dirk Hasenauer three years past (edited)

Hi! Is there anybody which will write down the japanned lyrics for me?
i prefer to play the song unaided; however, i do not need to sing misheard lyrics

like,

 

"I need to fell in pizza pie with you,"

 

"The night was eggs, and also the sky went christmas"

 

;-) 


Damien Lee three years past

Dardic no yoru Bardic no yoru Yo Noboru Jan-kuno Yume no fune Ah..Ah... Ah....Ah.. WAsura-Re-nu Ko-Kyu No Ne Dardic no yoru Yume no Yoru Kimi Matsu Yoru Wa Oba Shima No ame Ni Hana mo Chiru Chiru Beni Mo Chiru ah....ah....ah....ah WAkane Temo Wa suraryo Ka Dardic no yoru Yume No yoru

Hotz1783 three months past

This song, sung by the good Hibari Misori, is additionally but sadly no video singing preferred song throughout time I served Japan in United States Navy in the early 1960's.

 

You infrequently hear it in Japan. Hibari created a whole bunch if not thousands of recordings throughout her long career.


cowtownfiesta five years past

Great tune and therefore ever fantastic. Dick Curless delivers carry on Truckin!


Ray Montee five years past

An all instrumental version of this tune exists.......by Krauthead BYRD. equivalent steel instrumentalist featured on this recording.

jo luttringer five years past

composer: Saijo-Takeoka-Sedores.

 

Harold Bradley is meditation "guitar/leader."

 

The stringed instrument introduction can compete Harold...


My father learned this song from a Choson ahjussi once he was stationed in Korea from 1950-1953 The song is titled China Nights however the lyrics area unit Japanese.

Dick Curless boy.


Chininha B six years past

Sorry! it is a Japanese song not Chinese .... 


jerrybyrdchannel

Jerry Byrd on Hawaiian guitar


keith kimmey sr

This is my favorite of ALL songs.  Great songs chord my memory of special girl.


Jim Flynn

Once upon a time I had an artless copy of this. Dick Curless is all the simplest folk music artists ever.

 

He had variety from '65 to '72 that created "Billboard Country Charts."

 

"Tombstone each Mile" written by ME,

 

Dan Fulkerson reached the #5 position on the "Billboard Charts in  '65.

Dick Curless could be a member of the Maine ethnic Hall of Fame.


Keith The Little Giant six years agone

Love this song by Dick Curless. Like it best on Tower but this is often ok.


Steve Burstein

that's a decent story, but..........."Shina No Yoru (China Nights)" originated during a 1940 Japanese film made in time period Manchuria, stellar Japanese histrion Yoshiko Yamaguchi once she was dissembling to be a Chinese actress named Rikoran.

 

The G.I.s took a feeling to that and that is however it became fashionable in the states. but it had been obviously written it slow before the war all over.


galen mullins six years past

whoa! that is awful,


pro3tlb six years past

Dick found this song once he was stationed in Japan. I've heard a minimum of many versions of the story however the one I've detected most was that he met the the two original Japanese men.

 

United Nations wrote this song. They were occupation troopers in China. They were best friends, and it clothed both deeply gaga with constant Chinese girl.

 

once they came back to Japan after the War they wrote this song as a tribute to their love for Dick, and like a shot, fell soft on the song.