SEO

August 23, 2009

Jim Dickinson's farewell message

Dickinson's farewell message

Dickinson, who was remembered during a private ceremony on Monday, was able to craft a requiem for himself.

The following is his farewell message:

I refuse to celebrate death. My life has been a miracle of more than I ever expected or deserved. I have gone farther and done more than I had any right to expect.

I leave behind a beautiful family and many beloved friends. Take reassurance in the glory of the moment and the forever promise of tomorrow. Surely there is light beyond the darkness as there is dawn after the night. I will not be gone as long as the music lingers.

I have gladly given my life to Memphis music and it has given me back a hundredfold. It has been my fortune to know truly great men and hear the music of the spheres.

May we all meet again at the end of the trail. May God bless and keep you.

World boogie is coming,

James Luther Dickinson

Jim Dickinson's Zebra Ranch recording studio won't close : Local News : Memphis Commercial Appeal