SEO

July 21, 2009

Hi, I’m Chris Brown


Chris Brown has just released a shocking video in which he apologizes to his fans.  In it he says:

“Hi, I’m Chris Brown.  Since February my attorney has advised me not to speak out even though ever since the incident I have wanted to publicly express my deepest regret and accept full responsibility.  Although I will do some interviews and answer some questions in the future, I felt that it was time that you heard directly from me that I am sorry. I have tried to live my life in a way that can make those around me proud of me and until recently I think I was doing a pretty good job.  I wish I had the chance to live those few moments again.  But unfortunately I can’t.  I cannot go into what happened and most importantly I am not going to sit here and make any excuses I take great pride in me being able to exercise self control and what I did was inexcusable. I am very sad and very ashamed of what I have done. My mother and my spiritual teachers have taught me way better than that.  I have told Rihanna countless times and I am telling you today that I am truly, truly sorry and that I wasn’t able to handle the situation both differently and better.  I recognize that I have truly been blessed.  I have been blessed with a wonderful family, wonderful friends and fans. God has been generous in giving me the ability which has bringing me fame and fortune.  I have done a lot of soul searching and over the past several months I have talked with my minister and my mother and I spent a lot of time trying to understand what happened and why.  I have let a lot of people down and I realize that and no one is more disappointed in me than I am.  As many of you know I grew up in a home where there was domestic violence and I saw firsthand what uncontrolled rage can do.  I sought and I am continuing to seek help to insure that what occurred in February can never happen again and as I sit here today I can tell you that I will do everything in my power to make sure that it never happens again and I promise that.  What I did was unacceptable, 100%.  I can only ask and pray that you forgive me, please.  I hope that others learn from my mistake.  I intend to live my life so that I am truly worthy of the term role model.  Thank you.”