Examples of Recurring Themes
Gary Perlman's Compilation and Observations of Herbie Popnecker (the Fat Fury)
Herbie Popnecker is unique among superheroes. While looking less like a superhero than any other, he may also be the most powerful.
- Herbie can "fly" by walking through air, or space, or water.
- Herbie can travel through time, or the ground, or through walls (some damage occurs), sometimes breaking the fourth wall.
- Herbie is the least emotional of any super hero, and one of few words, though he can be impatient.
- Herbie defeats many of his opponents by looking at them, but sometimes, he bops them with this here lollipop.
- Herbie gets many of his powers from lollipops, some of which come from the Unknown.
- Herbie is pretty much indestructible, and he's strong, sometimes swinging his adversaries. Herbie occasionally uses magic.
- Herbie is a master of disguise and deception, and he meets with a surprising number of lookalikes.
- Herbie gets a lot of help from his friends. He is well known to people throughout the world, and beyond, throughout time. Animals know and talk to Herbie. He has a strong sense of honor,
- Herbie is adored by all women (unlike his dad), but sometimes he can be sensitive about comments about his weight, and sometimes finds himself in embarrassing situations. Herbie appreciates the finer things. He is not shown eating as often as one might expect.
- Herbie is mysterious. He sometimes communicates mysteriously, moves mysteriously, and mysteriously, has handy items with him.
- Herbie is sometimes involved in visual humor, such as biting, punching, fainting, sudden stops, butt jokes, plunger problems, and things often get squished or splashed. Everything has sound-effects, of course.
October 26, 2011
Herbie Popnecke Recurring Themes