SEO

November 22, 2008

TPIR Showcase - A Salute to Roger Dobkowitz and his Obsessions (APRIL FOOLS 1978)

From 1978, Roger is the focal point of a TPIR Showcase.

*please read this before you ask adam nedeff: (tpa)

"Before you ask...no, I won't be posting the full episode (because I don't actually have the full episode); no, it's not available for trade (because the anonymous benefactor who gave me this asked me not to circulate it...oh, er, Thank you, anonymous benefactor, for giving me permission to post it here, however)."


wiiplayer9isback (1 month ago) Show Hide
+1 Poor comment Good comment
Marked as spam
Reply | Spam
Just because I like season 37 in HD and that they are not putting in a video wall, does NOT mean that FremantleMedia (especially Syd Vinnedge) will get away with Roger's firing.
StFidjnr (2 months ago) Show Hide
0 Poor comment Good comment
Marked as spam
Reply | Spam
land of hope and glory.
qazzzie (2 months ago) Show Hide
-1 Poor comment Good comment
Marked as spam
Reply | Spam
hahahahah what a shitty year to live in
the06bug (3 months ago) Show Hide
+3 Poor comment Good comment
Marked as spam
Reply | Spam
FremantleMedia has ruined TPIR in other countries, and they're going to ruin it for US? NO WAY, MAN! No flipping way. FREMANTLE BEWARE: If you shut this down, I'm gonna come there, I'm gonna eat ur brains!
deric8 (3 months ago) Show Hide
+2 Poor comment Good comment
Marked as spam
Reply | Spam
I would have bid $11000 for this showcase. I love Holy's reaction to Roger's masters thesis.
bretodom (4 months ago) Show Hide
+1 Poor comment Good comment
Marked as spam
Reply | Spam
I think I may have watched a total of 3 episodes this season, mainly due to my schedule, but I wasn't impressed with the changes. I would hate to see more changes next year. I hope the video wall doesn't replace the clock game prop. (isn't that the oldest prop still in use?)
bluebear1985 (4 months ago) Show Hide
-3 Poor comment Good comment
Marked as spam
Reply | Spam
Yeah, but that version had a video wall in place of the turntable. Now rumour has it they want to scrap it for good and bring in a video wall.  I'm not sure if you care or not, but in my opinion, they should find a different host other than Drew Carey.
mrbrown2195 (4 months ago) Show Hide
+1 Poor comment Good comment
Marked as spam
Reply | Spam
It has already been confirmed that a video wall will be in season 37. However, its not known in what capacity it will be used.

Price will not survive another host change. Period. Drew's doing just fine, and the death of the show won't come because of him.
WhiteHatBobby (2 months ago) Show Hide
+3 Poor comment Good comment
Marked as spam
Reply | Spam
The video wall was scrapped. CBS and Fingers (who was already a production assistant on this very specific episode that aired here) agreed it was too expensive to install one.
deric8 (1 month ago) Show Hide
-2 Poor comment Good comment
Marked as spam
Reply | Spam
Not only that but it makes it time and space consuming to play the pricing games or show small prizes on the IUFB. You'd be surprised how much TPIR use the turntable and it's stage.

The one advantage having the videowall would provide is that they can transfer the trip skins into digital form via Videowall, but that can be done with a moveable videowall that can be used to replace Door 3 on showcases.