SEO

June 18, 2018

John Denver - Johnny B. Goode (James Burton) Japan 1981 INCLUDES DORKY JOHN DENVER FAN COMMENTS



Glen and James from Elvis's band are in this!
17
FAR-OUT! 💗💙

Now Chuck Berry has joined John Denver in rock n roll Heaven!

RIP Chuck and John

💔💗💙💛💝😰💙
11
JD playing Johnny B Goose, who would have thought? He did a nice cover of this, way better than some of the other covers on YouTube. The backup band played well,too!
9
Both Emery Gordy on Bass and Hal Blaine On the Drums had also worked with Elvis at different times.
7
The heat James Burton on guitar !
6
Fantastic post! JD was such a huge talent. Thank you! 
6
I am so glad you put this on here.  My son got me the 5-disc around the world That I already had,but the one from the U.K. had extra footage on it.  Just wanted to thank you,  And tell you My husband wrote the great James Burton, And he is a GREAT man.  Wrote back and sent me a gift.Great man! R.I.P. John D. we miss you!
6
James Burton on lead guitar made his debut on the 1957 Dale Hawkins  hit "Susie Q". He then went on to back up Erickson later in 1957 and was with Ricky until 1965. At first he played rhythm  guitar for Nelson while Joe Mathis played lead.  After leaving Ricky he was an in demand guitarist playing on several artists records. Elvis tried to recruit him early in 1968but he declined because of his work load. Finally later in the year he joined Elvis for his Come Back Tour and stayed with Presley up to his death. He was also the featured guitarist in Roy Orbison's  "Black and White" Concert. One of the all greatcoats. How many thought John Denver could rock and roll like this?
5
Wow, John Denver even did it. Last week I recorded Johnny B. Goodie. I rocked it singing & playing bass guitar, and I even did the solo behind my head. I want to do this for America's Got Talent on the 1st week to be judged. It's my featured video right now. I hope you'll check it out and like it. Take care.
5
can't believe its almost 20 yrs. R.I.P. John, 1 of the Greatest ...
4
I can't believe there are still John Denver videos being posted! Are there really some people who still remember him? I grew up listening to his songs, and my family, honestly, never at all hear his music anymore. The last time we did was in 2011.
4
Never saw John with anything other than an acoustic guitar. As Spock would say, "most unusual"!
3
Wow this young lady is very impressed. Wow John Denver can really rock when he puts his mind to it. Wish you were still here you would have done an amazing tribute to Chuck Berry. Love it 😍 MG!!!!
2
Great stuff. James Burton on lead guitar and Glen D. Hardin on piano.
3
And he ain't even breaking a sweat... WOW!
1
one of the great forgotten guitar players 
1
one of the best versions of JUG I heard. another favorite was Michael J Fox version
1
John Denver was an all-around solid musician. James and Herb Pederson on Telecasters, Jim Horn on the sax Glen D Hardin on keys, maybe Hal Blaine on drums? He could afford to hire the best musicians, so he did. Tight show.


1998 SouthernBelle, Yes, there are many, many people that still remember him!!

Every October for the past 15 years people come from all over the world to Aspen to celebrate his life. This year will be the 16th year and this will be my second year going. Former band members have put on years of tribute concerts, there are sing a longs, all kinds of concerts and activities. Everyone has a wonderful time. There is a Meet and Greet at the John Denver Sanctuary. Everyone has a wonderful time!!


How ironic!!! A guy noted most for his western/country songs delivers one of the best, closest-to-the-original versions of JBG I've ever heard!! I had the privilege of seeing JD twice back in my hometown of Pittsburgh...AWESOME VOICE!!!!
6
Farewell Chuck Berry
2
A Great cover of this Chuck Berry Classic.     Smokey Minion, Jr.

John Denver is one that will "never be forgotten". Wonderful songwriter, performer - CMA's Entertainer of The Year from 1975!

this is a good song i like it alto

so cool!