SEO

March 11, 2018

how much codeine is in the cough syrup? (if you've never read a drug forum, this is a good snarky one to start)


dan0125
25-01-2002, 20:36
I went to the doctor today because I have the flu, and a nasty cough which I was afraid might be pneumonia. The doctor determined it is a bronchial infection and prescribed Robitussin A-C syrup AC 10-100/5 syp. I was wondering how many milligrams of codeine are in each teaspoon dose?
Unrelated, I was also given some sample packages of Biaxin 500mg to take, this stuff is horrible! I've got a bad sketchiness feeling all over my body. Not a pleasant opiate-like itch, but in an unpleasant way.
dan0125
25-01-2002, 20:54
I figured it out, 10mg codeine, 100mg of Guaifenesin. Pretty weak shit.... oh well hopefully it'll stop my cough.
ILLUSION
25-01-2002, 21:05
Guaifenesin is amazing when your sick. It really does clear you up. I had this substance in pill form for a URI and it kicked ass. But yea the codeine isn't going to fuck you up, will help your cough though.
Grand Master of Somniferon
26-01-2002, 01:13
[quote]Originally posted by ILLUSION:
But yea the codeine isn't going to fuck you up, will help your cough though.
It will if you drink enough.
Tron®]
26-01-2002, 03:45
^^^^^^^
Don't!
Guaifenesin is pretty harsh on your stomach and if you drink enough you will most likely feel very sick and puke. This is a common problem with cough syrups that contain DXM because most of them also contain Guaifenesin.
Grand Master of Somniferon
26-01-2002, 20:53
[quote]Originally posted by Tron®]:
^^^^^^^
Don't!
Guaifenesin is pretty harsh on your stomach and if you drink enough you will most likely feel very sick and puke. This is a common problem with cough syrups that contain DXM because most of them also contain Guaifenesin.
Because robo AC is semi OTC where I live, I have much experience with it. 2 oz will give me a nice warm fuzzy feeling (120 mg cod), and the guaf just gives me gas, and sometimes the shits. Never have puked off of it. I don't know what the effects off higher dosages of guaf would be.
fairnymph
26-01-2002, 22:20
I really wouldn't recommend drinking so much cough syrup that you can get high from the codeine in it....I mean, if you eat 5 lbs of chocolate, it's equivalent to the high of smoking a joint....but who wants to eat 5 lbs of chocolate?
Just get some real codeine/vicoden/percs/oxy/heroin.
themagicbean
26-01-2002, 23:27
I wanna eat five pounds of chocolate!
MMMMMM chocolate. Especially truffles.
Grand Master of Somniferon
27-01-2002, 02:32
[quote]Originally posted by fairnymph:
I really wouldn't recommend drinking so much cough syrup that you can get high from the codeine in it....I mean, if you eat 5 lbs of chocolate, it's equivalent to the high of smoking a joint....but who wants to eat 5 lbs of chocolate?
Just get some real codeine/vicoden/percs/oxy/heroin.
In my defense, I live in a conservative small midwestern town, so those things are hard to comeby. I take what I can get. I did get a shipment of Nurofen Plus in today, so I can avoid the Sizzurp for a few days. I think the N+'s would count as real codiene, and this way, when I do come into oxy/hydro, it is just that much better.
fairnymph
27-01-2002, 05:52
PhreeX lives in Bumfuck, Central Florida and for that matter rarely leaves his house. And you don't see him downing bottles of cough syrup! There ARE ways to get things, living in a conservative area is not an excuse! In fact, the WORST place to get drugs in, I've found, is NYC, becuase there is such high demand and not enough supply. So quit yer bithcin' and hold out for the good stuff, or you'll prematurely fall out of love with drugs. ;)
shannabanana
27-01-2002, 06:46
No really, I would love to eat 5 lbs of chocolate! And I could get high off that? Bonus!
PhreeX
27-01-2002, 11:06
Why the hell was I brought into it? Central Florida has huge amounts of drugs, the area is so saturated with ecstasy (as it ALWAYS HAS BEEN given that it enters the country here) pills sell for $10 each on singles ... we are also like the number #2 state in the US for C-II prescriptions (we were #2 for many years, and since they started tracking Florida has always been amount the top 5) .. and I live in a very populated area - I don't 'get' your comment at all .. but anyway ...
All that goofynessin shit isn't good for you, this is true, but a once or twice deal isn't going to kill you - you might get a stomache ache but if you're an opiate lightweight then you may find the high to be worth it...
BUT... and you know I like big but's - you got yourself a GOOD SICK, I mean, you didn't pussy foot around with the stuffy nose and cough, you went the whole 9 yards and scored a bronchial infection - milk it man! Call yer doctor and tell him that the pain from coughing has gotten worse, say it feels "like someone is kicking my in the throat when ever I cough"... tell yer doctor you have been taking double the dose with the syrup but it only reduces it by a *tiny* bit.. so be blunt, tell him this syrup isn't effective enough and that you would like something a little stronger - if you're lucky you will get some Tussonex or something like that, also, tell yer doc that "I find myself having a good bit of difficulty taking the Biaxin tabs, so if you can prescribe some type of syrup for the pain in my cough that would be ideal"... go ahead and cough as badly as you can and grimace in pain..
But ACT FAST as you will only be getting better... call your doctors office NOW, I mean, even if it's 5am when you read this, leave a message saying you cant sleap because of the coughing pain...
Good luck!
Grand Master of Somniferon
27-01-2002, 12:05
[quote]Originally posted by fairnymph:
PhreeX lives in Bumfuck, Central Florida and for that matter rarely leaves his house. And you don't see him downing bottles of cough syrup! There ARE ways to get things, living in a conservative area is not an excuse! In fact, the WORST place to get drugs in, I've found, is NYC, becuase there is such high demand and not enough supply. So quit yer bithcin' and hold out for the good stuff, or you'll prematurely fall out of love with drugs. ;)
Ok...I'm a student (no money for scripting or OP's, and student health just plain sucks) and the way I see it, if I like weak things such as codiene, when better things come around (happens on occasion) they will be just that much better. I don't really think that this will make me fall out of love. If I am still fortunate enough to be able to get off on codiene, I see no reason why I shouldn't.
[ 27 January 2002: Message edited by: Grand Master of Somniferon ]