Q: movie line ( Answered, 0 Comments )
Category: Arts and Entertainment
Asked by: deadtooth-ga
List Price: $5.00
06 Oct 2004 14:20 PDT
Expires: 05 Nov 2004 13:20 PST
Question ID: 411236
Classic western movie,
Besides Jerry Lee Lewis,
"Shoot Low Sheriff, He's Riding a Shetland"?
Re: movie line
Answered By: skermit-ga on 06 Oct 2004 23:30 PDT
What scriptor was onto was correct.
Your quote is by Bob Wills, who likes to throw that phrase into different songs he sings along with his band, the Texas Playboys.
Looking him up on IMDB, both he and the playboys were in "Tornado In the Saddle, A (1942)".
So either you heard it in the movie, or in one of his song intros.
IMDB for Bob Wills: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0932620/ Thanks for your question.
Meaning of the phrase "Shoot low boys, they're riding Shetland ponies!"?
Does anyone know the meaning. I know Lewis Grizzard wrote a book by this title, but that is all I know.Follow11 answers
AnswersRelevanceBest Answer: It's just a bit of humour, no deep meaning other than to make sure your actions fit the circumstances.13th Floor · 1 decade ago0Thumbs up0Thumbs down
- It seems like most of the responses above are written by shetland pony riders. It means that these people (the pony riders) are lowly, under-achievers who cannot ride with the "big boys". I work in an area where the town cannot afford to hire anyone with actual experience, so everyone working for the town has no experience and no clue how to really achieve what is necessary. They're all riding shetland ponies...
- Justa Oldguy · 2 years ago1Thumbs up0Thumbs down
- This Site Might Help You.
- Hi! Yes. When I was 3 years old my father gave me a Shetland pony. I had it until I was 12, but couldn't ride it after I was about 6 or 7. I was too big, by then... He was a wonderful pet and I thought I was the biggest deal ever! }:>
- Shetland ponies are short. They needed to shoot low so the bullets didn't just whiz over their heads.Danny · 1 decade ago3Thumbs up0Thumbs down
- He's making the point that you have to aim at where they are, & since they're on ponies, you need to aim lower if you plan to hit any. I love Lewis Grizzard!!! Have you gotten in to any of his other books? He is one of the funniest writers I have ever found!!!olympics junkie · 1 decade ago
- Satire. It is hilarious. It must be a very funny book. Think of the image of cowboys riding those little ponies they pose kids on at carnivals. Fantastic title. Pax-CPersiphone_Hellecat · 1 decade ago0Thumbs up1Thumbs down
- Because Shetland ponies are smaller/shorter than horses?ga.peach67 · 1 decade ago0Thumbs up0