SEO

April 27, 2012

Even Rachael Would

Date of Birth

7 September 1987, Raleigh, North Carolina, USA

Birth Name

Evan Rachael Wood

Nickname

Evie

Height

5' 7" (1.70 m)

Tumblr_lebt9p5blz1qbwcmwo1_500
Mini Biography

Evan Rachel Wood was born on September 7, 1987, in Raleigh, North Carolina. Her father is Ira David Wood III, and her mother is Sara Wood. She has two older brothers: Dana, a musician, and Ira David Wood IV. Evan and her brothers sometimes performed at Theatre In The Park in Raleigh, North Carolina, where her father is the executive director and founder of the theatre.

At age 5, Evan lost out to Kirsten Dunst for the child lead in Interview with the Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles (1994). She moved to Los Angeles with her mom and brother, Ira, in 1996 and has had success ever since, appearing in a TV series, TV-movies, and the big screen film Practical Magic (1998). She starred in the comedy S1m0ne (2002) as Al Pacino's daughter, followed by Thirteen (2003), with Holly Hunter.

IMDb Mini Biography By: kdhaisch@aol.com

Trivia

Father is Ira David Wood III

Mother is Sara Wood

Brother is Ira David Wood IV

Trained in dance. She loves to sing, swim, rollerblade and go horseback riding.

She has a black belt in Tae Kwon Do

Has kept in touch with most of her "Once and Again" (1999) castmates: Mischa Barton, Julia Whelan, and Shane West.

Sings two songs on the "School's Out" Christmas album (Christmas Isn't Christmas, and Silver and Gold)

Niece of Carol Winstead Wood.

Was originally set to play Terri in Raise Your Voice (2004), but dropped out due to production changes. Hilary Duff was then cast as her replacement.

Enjoys singing.

Got her high school diploma at the age of 15.

Parents divorced in 1997.

Attended junior high school in the San Fernando Valley but left because she disliked the social environment of high school. The actress was then home-schooled.

Has lost out on one role to Kirsten Dunst: Claudia in Interview with the Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles (1994).

Featured in the Miu Miu ad campaign, alongside Selma Blair and Lou Doillon.

Is actually older than Brady Corbet, who played her older brother in Thirteen (2003).

Her favorite actress is Cate Blanchett.

In 2003, Vogue Magazine named her one of the "It Girls of Hollywood."

Met her now ex-boyfriend, Jamie Bell, when they were filming Green Day's music video for "Wake Me Up When September Ends", where they actually play a couple.

Her favorite actor is Gene Wilder.

Is close with the cast of Thirteen (2003) and still remains in touch with them.

Her hero is Charles Chaplin.

Wood says that her character in Across the Universe (2007), whom she describes as an "old soul, street smart and ahead of her time", is close to her real-life personality. Wood also describes herself as being "laid back" and "not a party girl", citing her choice to stay away from what is considered a typical Hollywood lifestyle.

Is of French and German descent.

Divides her time between Los Angeles and New York.

Became the highest paid actress in music video history for her appearance in boyfriend Marilyn Manson's video for "Heart-Shaped Glasses".

Was ranked #7 on Entertainment Weekly's '30 Under 30' the actress list. (2008).

Hates her middle name, Rachel, but kept it in her stage name so casting directors wouldn't confuse her gender.

Ranked #1 in Venus Zine's 25 Under 25 ladies list (2009).

Was originally cast in Sucker Punch (2011), but dropped out due to scheduling conflicts with "True Blood" (2008).

Was in consideration for the role of Joan Jett in The Runaways (2010), but Kristen Stewart was cast instead.

The face of Gucci's Guilty campaign (2010).

Ranked #31 in the 2011 Maxim list "Hot 100" women.

Is just 12 years younger than Kate Winslet, who played her mother on "Mildred Pierce" (2011).


Personal Quotes

I look back on some of the stuff I wore and I'm so embarrassed. I definitely blame it on this clique of girls I was friends with back then. I've been talked into wearing stuff that I didn't want to wear. Now, I like very simple, elegant things, by 'Oscar de la Renta' or Armani.

I'm in love with London. English boys are great. I completely fell in love with it over there.

What's nice about acting is that you're not just left with yourself all the time, but you get to see the world through so many different people's eyes.

Growing up on screen is painful. I have had to go through puberty with millions watching.... I hope to have a career like Jodie Foster, going from child to adult actress.

If the world were to end tomorrow, I really believe I could say I have lived a full life already - and that I have been extremely lucky.

Once you commit, you commit. You can't hold back. We all knew that the only way we would pull this [movie] off was for everyone to give everything they had. I could not hold back. On playing "Tracy" in the movie Thirteen (2003).

Whenever something bad happens, I just always have to tell myself that this is happening for a reason, and I have to be learning something from this and taking something away from this. And you just have to think about the big picture, and you have to remember just how small you are in the grand scheme of things, and that in the long run, you're probably going to be okay. So that's all I kept thinking about...just trying to make the best out of .

Oh God, I worry about everything, such as I'm gonna say something stupid. I'm not good at communicating what's going on in my head.

I just hate all that (showbusiness mingling). I just have to come back to reality for a little bit, have a real life.I'm pretty laid-back. I hang out with my friends, read, go to concerts and try and travel as much as I can. I'm not a party girl, I don't eat at the Ivy and I'm not shopping on Rodeo Drive. It's pretty easy to stay out of that if you want to. There are other places. I really like being able to go out anywhere and nobody really cares.

It is a little weird, and I do feel a little bit disoriented sometimes. I'm usually pretty shy around people and pretty private. So yeah, it is a little weird all of a sudden to see yourself everywhere with your tongue hanging out! And a pierced tongue! - on her fame.

I used to not even be able to order pizza on the phone because I was just so shy. I think that's why so much comes out on-screen, because that's my time to let go in a safe place. When you're doing that, it's all written down on paper and it's total fiction.

I'm such a crazy perfectionist, I probably stood in Linens 'n Things looking at the square plates or the round plates for, like, 10 minutes, going, "God, this is a big decision. These are my first plates! What am I going to get? What do I do?! - on being independent, and getting her own home.

And crazy, by the way, is the highest compliment I pay. Manson is definitely crazy. Hopefully I am, too.

[on dating Marilyn Manson] Everyone is so worried that I'm losing myself, but really I'm finding myself. I've never been more comfortable in my own skin.

You get a script that's not very good, and they're offering you millions of dollars, but you think: Okay, this script is so bad, I won't even do it for a million dollars... And then it gets to No. 1 at the box office, and people ask, "Don't you regret not doing that?" Not really.

[on translating scripts onto the screen]: A script can just be a blueprint, and you've got to go in and build it and color it in and paint it.

I won't just take my clothes off for anybody. It has to be the right circumstances. I couldn't have thought of a better way to do it because it wasn't a sex scene. It's a sleeping woman and somebody is singing something, which is one of the most beautiful songs written about a woman, period. And he's singing about you. (on doing her first nude scene in Across the Universe (2007))

If I go to see a Beatles film, I want it to be weird and artistic and interesting and experimental and psychedelic and dark at times and also beautiful -- and that's what this is. (on Across the Universe (2007))

I like to do movies that I don't expect everyone to like. If someone comes up to me and says, 'I hated that movie you did,' I think, at least you felt passionate about it. It stuck with you and you had some feeling about it.

I'd love to [make an album], but I've just never met people who didn't want to turn me into some pop diva.

He's the best guy friend I have. I've always hung out with guys, but it's hard to find really good guy relationships that don't get weird. And it never has with us, once. (on Across the Universe (2007) co-star Jim Sturgess)

We never have to explain anything. He can say something, or I can say something, and we automatically get it. And that's really nice when you can find somebody who needs no explanation. (on boyfriend Marilyn Manson)

Falling in love is one of the scariest and hardest things that someone can do, but it's also the most amazing thing that can happen to you.

I've always had a real fascination with Alice in Wonderland and really related to it in some way. And since I was little, people always nicknamed me Alice, even total strangers. I do know I'm always in Wonderland. And I'm definitely just as curious. I don't mind being amongst the mad people, I enjoy it.

[April 2011, Esquire Magazine] I'm into for anything. Meet a nice guy, meet a nice girl.

 

Where Are They Now

(August 2003) The Missing (2003/I) - currently in production.

(February 2004) Down in the Valley (2005) - starring with Edward Norton; filming starts on Feb. 29, 2004.

(2005) Is in Green Day's music video "Wake Me Up When September Ends" playing herself, alongside Jamie Bell.

(May 2007) Appearing in boyfriend Marilyn Manson's video for "Heart-Shaped Glasses".

Date of Birth 7 September 1987 , Raleigh, North Carolina, USA Birth Name Evan Rachael Wood Nickname Evie Height 5' 7" (1.70 m) Mini Biography Evan Rachel Wood was born on September 7, 1987, in Raleigh, North Carolina. Her father is Ira David Wood III , and her mother is Sara Wood . She has two older ... » See Ya at » What Gets Me Hot