SEO

August 7, 2011

The Rap Sheet: Now He Just Needs His Trusty Firebird

Now He Just Needs His Trusty Firebird

As a boy, I owned one of those classic G.I. Joe action figures. Nowadays, I’d much prefer to have the private eye Jim Rockford figure shown above. It’s not a perfect likeness of James Garner, star of The Rockford Files (1974-1980), but the effort is certainly worthy of praise. And it even comes with a miniature replica of Rockford’s kitchen cookie jar (right), in which the L.A. sleuth hid his gun.

Unfortunately, this item from the “World’s Greatest Super-Sleuths” collection “is not available in stores,” according to Facebook’s Official James Garner Fan Page. Instead, it “was made by a fan of the show.”

Now He Just Needs His Trusty Firebird As a boy, I owned one of those classic G.I. Joe action figures . Nowadays, I’d much prefer to have the private eye Jim Rockford figure shown above. It’s not a perfect likeness of James Garner , star of The Rockford Files (1974-1980), but the effort is certainly ...»See Ya