SEO

May 31, 2011

Charlie Parker by Herman Leonard






Jazz

“I’d been getting bored with the stereotyped changes that were being used… and I kept thinking there’s bound to be something else. I could hear it sometimes. I couldn’t play it… I was working over ‘Cherokee,’ and, as I did, I found that by using the higher intervals of a chord as a melody line and backing them with appropriately related changes, I could play the thing I’d been hearing. It came alive.” Charlie Parker












Green

lucky miles waits to come in on bird
Clipped for points, dad!
bird love tomato

Jazz



Charlie Parker performing “Cherokee” at Clark Monroe’s Uptown House, New York, early 1942
“I’d been getting bored with the stereotyped changes that were being used… and I kept thinking there’s bound to be something else. I could hear it sometimes. I couldn’t play it… I was working over ‘Cherokee,’ and, as I did, I found that by using the higher intervals of a chord as a melody line and backing them with appropriately related changes, I could play the thing I’d been hearing. It came alive.” — Charlie Parker






standard Bird
clipped four points
Clipped
Tomato
  tomato comes from the Spanish word, tomate, derived from the Nahuatl (Aztec language) word tomatl.