SEO

January 6, 2011

Nancy Sinatra, Sopranos Groupie! «Weird Celeb Blogpost 2011! - nancysinatra.com

My friend Steven Van Zandt

File under First Weird Celeb Blogpost 2011

"I’m wearing a gift from the Sopranos people."--Nancy Sinatra

Weird Celeb Blogpost 2011! Sopranos Groupie nancysinatra.com

Steven or Little Stevie is a good friend and great influence in my life so I thought I would dedicate my first entry to him. He was just on the Jimmy Fallon Show with Bruce Springsteen so he’s on my mind.

Here we are at a rehearsal hall in Los Angeles, I think. Stevie was coaching me as usual.

When a person with his experience and track record offers to help you you accept it gladly and without question.

This picture is from a night he practically dragged me to Clive Davis’s party. Stevie didn’t tell me why we had to get all dressed up and do the red carpet thing and all that but when we got to our table he introduced me to the Sirius Satellite Radio team. I should have known he had something up his sleeve or should I say under his bandana.


The next thing I knew I had a radio show!

Here we are at Sirius Satellite studios in New York.

This was taken a couple of years later. Those frames on the wall contain some of the logos of the channels on Sirius XM.


Stevie chatting with my brother Frank in Los Angeles.


Stevie and my drummer Clem Burke. We borrowed him from Blondie for a few years. I always used to tease him about his view of the stage, always looking at the back of a blonde.

NS-and-Steven-@Patsys2-copy1.jpg" height="374" alt="" width="500" />
At Patsy’s reading a set list, I think. Looks like we’re reading in Italian!

Here we are at Jilly’s with the wonderful Phoebe Snow. She was such a delightful person with a rather sad life. I miss her.

When I played the Bottom Line in New York Steven introduced me on stage. He didn’t have to do that, obviously, because people knew who was going to perform. He did it because he knew what would happen when he just casually sauntered out from the wings – the audience was thrilled as though he had done a ten minute warm-up. He said something like, “Her new album is called California Girl but she’s really a Jersey girl.” Very sweet.

As if that weren’t enough, he even brought Dominic Chianese (Junior Soprano) to one of the shows.

When Dom, with guitar stage left of the bass player, was appearing at a local club Steven took me to see him and they got me up on the stage for their rendition of Boots. It was a hoot. Al Pacino and some of the Sopranos wise guys were there too.

On one of my other trips to New York, Steven invited my daughter, AJ and me to visit the set of the Sopranos. We met so many great people including Michael Imperioli.

And a few months later guess what happened…


Yep, there we were on the set again but not visiting this time.

AJ and Tony Sirico aka Paulie Walnuts.


AJ and I perform with Southside Johnny and his band in this scene and look who’s coaching us…

A few pictures of the cast and crew.

In the background Jim Gandolfini is being interviewed as the series is about to come to a close. The beautiful sunshine girl, AJ, Steven and me on a break outside. It was a beautiful day.


My mentor and me.


A James sandwich.


A goodbye hug from one of the sweetest men I’ve ever met, James Gandolfini.

A few tears. Everybody on the set was aware of the fact that this brilliant series was winding down and the emotions were high as nobody wanted to see it end.

For me it was about three generations of my family being part of it, my father, my brother, my daughter and me. I honestly believe Stevie made David Chase and Brad Grey see how much that would mean to us.


This is my favorite picture of Steven and me. FRIENDS FOREVER.

A few weeks later there was a wrap party for the series and my cousin Michele and I went with Stevie and his gorgeous wife, Maureen.  She is another person in my life who gives with the same generosity of spirit as her husband… but that’s another story… for a new page… ;)

Thank you, Steven for always being there for us. There is no way we will ever be able to repay you – not in a million years.

Oh! By the way, that fabulous jacket I’m wearing was a gift from the Sopranos wardrobe people.

Weird Celeb Blogpost 2011! Nancy Sinatra is Sopranos Groupie « Steven Van Zandt nancysinatra.com

http://whatgetsmehot.posterous.com/nancy-sinatra-sopranos-groupie-weird-celeb-bl My friend Steven Van ZandtFile under First Weird Celeb Blogpost 2011"I’m wearing a gift from the Sopranos people."--Nancy Sinatra Weird Celeb Blogpost 2011! Sopranos Groupie nancysinatra.com Steven or Little Stevie is a good friend and great influence in my life so I thought I woul ... Dogmeat