SEO

October 7, 2010

Melissa's dark side | I'd like to put my shrimp on her barbie | Perth Now

MELISSA GEORGE

DARK STAR: WA born Hollywood star Melissa George is sporting a new dark-haired look. Picture: Jeff Rayner Source: The Sunday Times

MELISSA George has unveiled a striking new look, with the Perth-raised Hollywood star going from chic blonde bob to brunette.

She made the drastic change this week for her starring role in new television drama series In Treatment, which is due to begin shooting in Los Angeles tomorrow.

"When we filmed the pilot, I was in the middle of a movie and they really wanted my hair chocolate brown so I wore a wig,'' she told The Sunday Times.

"So now that they have picked it up, I decided to just do it (change the colour) permanently.

"It's like a mountain of hair with all the (hair) extensions.''

George, who walked the red carpet as the face of Australian make-up range Napoleon at its Hollywood flagship store opening on Wednesday night, said she preferred being brunette to her natural blonde.


"People look at you like you are kind of mysterious,`` she said.

"I look like my mother because she's got long, dark hair -- and I just love it.''

George, who has three new films coming out this year, will be back in Perth in August for a break with parents Pamela and Glenn, brother Brett and sisters Marnie and Kate.

"I'm counting down the days,'' she said.

"I am taking them all up to Broome.''

The Perth-raised starlet graduated from Australian soapie Home & Away to roles in US television show Alias and on the big screen.

She had to bare her body in a bikini in the film Turistas, but said she steered away from the Hollywood regime of strict training.

Posted to See Ya At What Gets Me hot via Dogmeat