SEO

August 2, 2010

Niggardly Talk:Controversies about the Word - Wikipedia


Sappy personal story - really needed? [edit]

The interjection about the newspaper editors in Ohio is cute, but does it really help our understanding of the topic? I don't think so, and would recommend its deletion. Feralcats 9:20 am, 3 April 2007, Tuesday (3 years, 4 months, 1 day ago) (UTC−5)

I agree; I went ahead and took it out. Mike Christie (talk) 9:31 am, 3 April 2007, Tuesday (3 years, 4 months, 1 day ago) (UTC−5)
Cute and sappy don't do it for me either, but I think it shows how strong feelings can get about using the word, on both sides. That's why I included it. How many words that have a noncontroversial regular meaning can you say that about? It gives another example (and there aren't an enormous number) showing how offended people can get about it. Please reconsider. Noroton 6:47 pm, 4 April 2007, Wednesday (3 years, 3 months, 30 days ago) (UTC−5)
Hm. To me the story is interesting because it's not just about misundersta

Posted via email from Dogmeat