On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 7:01 AM, <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:http://whatgetsmehot.blogspot.com
Messages In This Digest (5 Messages)
- Re: The Orlons From: Steve Harvey
- The Music of Jackie DeShannon on East Village Radio From: Brian Ferrari
- Jimmy Powell & The 5 Dimensions version is also worth having a listen! And for those who might not have noticed it a rare Jimmy Radcliffe treat is on the youtube too. "The Angels Will Whisper" - Jimmy Radcliffe:
- R&B singer, Marvin Gaye mentor Harvey Fuqua dies
- Detroit -- Singer, songwriter and record producer Harvey Fuqua, an early mentor of Marvin Gaye, has died. Fuqua was 80. Ron Brewington of the Motown Alumni Association says Fuqua died of a heart attack Tuesday at a Detroit hospital. The Louisville, Ky., native founded the R&B-doo-wop group the Moonglows, which signed with DJ Alan Freed. Their first single was the 1954 hit "Sincerely." Fuqua added Gaye and others in 1958 to a reconstituted group Fuqua called Harvey and the Moonglows. It had the 1958 hit "Ten Commandments of Love." He started Tri-Phi and Harvey Records in 1961, recording the Spinners, Junior Walker & the All Stars, and Shorty Long. Motown Records founder Berry Gordy later hired Fuqua to develop recording talent.
http://youtube.com/user/youweirdtube Dogmeat Dailymotion