SEO

September 3, 2009

Dolly Parton - jamie reid header - check

 

Working 9 to 5 or 12 to 12?

April 14th, 2009

4.14.09

Hey everybody,

Lots of things going on in my world since we last talked. I feel like one of those little dust devils that spins in the wind on a hot day. (Ha!)

At this moment I'm in New York at the Marriott Marquis Theater where we are already in previews for "9 to 5: The Musical." The buzz about the show is really good. We're selling out every show and we haven't even officially opened yet. The big night, of course, is April 30th. We'll have lots of stars coming to walk the red carpet and to see the show. That should be fun.

I'm loving hanging out with all the folks involved in the show. I threw a party for everybody at a restaurant called Vynl. They have a bathroom named after me where they have pictures of me, memorabilia on the walls and they play my music while you pee. (Ha!) I guess I should be flattered; but I keep wondering if it means they think my career is in the toilet... I hope not.

We go to work every day around Noon and work until midnight or so. We fall in bed, then get up and do it all over again trying to get it perfect. But I am really enjoying living in my new apartment. I have a great view of the city.

Every night after the show everybody signs autographs outside the stage door. That always draws a big crowd there as they're loving the cast. We're still doing little improvements on the show, as I said, trying to get it perfect before opening night. I've had lots of family and friends come from Nashville every weekend to see it. They all seem to love it.

I'm looking forward to recording the soundtrack album the first week of May with the cast.

I'm planning to do a few more TV shows while I'm in New York... David Letterman, The View and The Today Show. Hopefully the cast will sing some songs from the play on a couple of those shows, which should be fun.

I'm also very excited and pleased that the "Backwoods Barbie" video has been so well received and that the "Backwoods Barbie Collectors Edition" at Cracker Barrel Old Country Stores is selling so well. The same with the Collectors Edition of the Photo Album and the pink rocking chairs. Guess you can say I'm rockin' right along. (Ha!)

We had a great opening at Dollywood. I'm excited to receive my honorary doctorate from UT on May 8th and to see the opening of Sha-Kon-O-Hey on May 9th. I'll ride in Pigeon Forge parade on May 8th. Pray for nice weather. I'd hate to have it rain on our parade.

Gotta get back to work. We will talk more later.

I will always love you,
Dolly

Dolly Parton