SEO

March 7, 2009

The Nobs February 3, 1975 New York, NY US Madison Square Garden pt 6

New York, NY US
Madison Square Garden

Rock and Roll,
Sick Again,
Over the Hills and Far Away,
In My Time of Dying,
The Song Remains the Same,
Rain Song,
Kashmir,
No Quarter,
Trampled Underfoot,
Moby Dick,
Dazed and Confused (incl. San Francisco),
Stairway to Heaven,
Whole Lotta Love,
Black Dog,
Communication Breakdown.

Oh yeah My last paid by Family vacation to New York.This was a rushed visit for Me I always stayed at least two months when I visited my Uncle Darrell in Jersey .I only made one more trip in 77 and he moved back to Louisiana in 79 or 80.Of course I have been back with the Navy twice.I plan to take a vacation around a concert soon maybe another Led Zeppelin show could happen.Please Robert think about it.I am having withdrawals. Well no Uncle for this show and no Teresa She met someone sad to say.I went alone all by myself.Well at the time this show seemed awesome to me.The band rocked hard and I once again never noticed Robert's vocal issues. Dazed and Confused if I had not read the earlier review I would not have known that they had stopped playing it and we were blessed with it's return .For it had been played at every show I had attended till that point in My Zeppelin Concert experiences.i got pretty wasted that night well no supervision teenager Led Zeppelin concert why not.
I have not heard nor do own the bootleg of this show however My standout songs were Sick Again and In My Time of Dying,and of course the entire Encore section.
Black Dog/Communication Breakdown.But don't worry Garden I will return in 77 for one last New York Led Zeppelin experience.I was a little down this trip as My friend Teresa had a new boyfriend.Just as a note most of My previous trip's had been in warmer months this one was Cold .Remember I am from the South I froze my tail off.

My first live Led Zep show, not sure the exact date but it was one of the three at the Garden, there'd been a blizzard, a power outage, but nothing was going to stop me from getting there. (I remember having to light a match to climb the stairs in my mom's house at 2am -- there were no lights b/c the power was out -- and what was a 16 year old doing with matches anyway?!) After all the amazing stories I'd heard, the actual experience greatly exceeded all expectations. Jimmy Page in those silver sequined moon and star trousers, playing the guitar with a violin bow, the raw power generated by these four mortals on a stage, it was just beyond anything I'd ever seen. The last time I saw Plant and Page at the Garden was at a Grateful Dead (!) concert. We were sitting in the WFAN box above a portal where they were watching the show and I guess I was the last to learn Robert wasn't a natural blond! Anyhow, I haven't read Rolling Stone in years but I saw the reunion cover today in CVS with my 5 year old son and grabbed it. Can't wait to see this band again!!!!!!!!