SEO

March 14, 2009

Mike Tyson: Freakout [Russ Salzberg Interview Re. Francois Botha Fight 'i'm gonna kill this motherfucker' 1999]

Mike Tyson

prior to

Francois Botha

Fight

[Saturday, January 16, 1999]


Russ Salzberg:

"Mike, uh, Francois Botha, 6-to-1 underdog. Are there any concerns on your part?"



Mike Tyson:

"Uh, I don't know anything about that, I don' know nothin' about the the numbers, I just know what I can do."


RS:

"How 'bout the..."


MT:
"I'm gonna kill this motherfucker."


RS:
"Okay... How 'bout the nineteen months off? Does that..."


MT:
"How 'bout it?"


RS:
"Does it po..."


MT:
"What about it?


RS:
"Does it pose any problem to you?"


MT:
"We'll see, I doubt it seriously."


RS:
"You take into the ring a lot of rage. Does that work for you, or does it work against you at times?"


MT:
"You know, who cares, we're in a fight anyway. Wha... What doe... W-w-wha-what does it matter?"


RS:
"Well, for example, rage against, uh, Evander Holyfield worked against you.


MT:
"Well, fuck it. It's a fight. So, whatever happens happens."


RS:
"Mike, why do you have to talk like that?"


MT:
"Well, I'm talkin' to you the way I wanna talk to you. You have a problem, turn off your station."


RS:
"You know what? I think we'll end the discussion right now."


MT:
"The we could, asshole."


RS:
"You got it. Have a nice fight Mike."


MT:
"Fuck off."


RS:
"Class act, buddy."