SEO

February 27, 2009

Ecstasy: I NEED A PLUS-SIZED WOMAN (AROUND THE CLOCK) ['Goddesses': QUEEN'S Public Access TV ] + DONNA: HE LOVES A FAT GIRL + INTV. HIGHLIGHTS





Ecstasy
I NEED A PLUS SIZED WOMAN (AROUND THE CLOCK)
FROM: 'Goddesses'
Queens, NY public access television


"With style and grace, too legit to quit, sex appeal, finesse, class and all that sh**..."--ECSTASY
[stripper/rapper]

DONNA
[with ECSTASY providing moral support]

He Loves A Fat Girl
'Goddesses'
Queens, NY public access show

www.mattsearsforever.blogspot. com

GODDESSES Highlights [Queens, NY Public Access TV]

1978 concert in Madison Square Garden, Queen re-created the video by having women with very little clothing ride bicycles around the stage.

The album contained a poster of the women in the bicycle race. It was left out of some copies for stores that did not want to carry it, but fans could mail order the poster if they desired.

Queen rented 65 bicycles for the race. When the company found out what they were used for, they refused to take the bikes back.

This was released as a double A-side single with "Bicycle Race." The songs ran together on the album, and were often played that way by radio stations. The year before, Queen released "We Will Rock You" and "We Are The Champions" as a double A-side. They are still usually played together by radio stations.

This song was covered by Antigone Rising for the 2005 Queen tribute album Killer Queen. (thanks, Rachel - South Point, OH)

The song was used as the opening theme for Morgan Pock's 2004 documentary Super Size Me.

This was used in episodes of the US TV shows Nip/Tuck and My Name is Earl, and also in the UK show Father Ted. (thanks, Bertrand - Paris, France, for above 2)

Made about a young man that found his manhood when banging his natty nanny. She must have been a fat bottomed girl...woman.
- Bryan, West Milton, OH

When I took a trip to Oklahoma with my teacher and friends, this was one of the songs on the "surprise CD" some girls from the school made us. It's safe to say, it's so disgusting and so awesome at the same time. I love it!
- Deacon, Anonymous-ville, HI

oh man like that's a good one if I didst live 30,000 some odd miles away I'd like to meet you......that just made my top ten list!
- bloke, talker, OK

ahas Luke from Manchester, you made me smile;)
- Mady, Adelaide, Australia

I don't understand why so many people here think this song is sexist. Humorous, satirical, sarcastic, perhaps. Sexist? Hardly.
- moi-memo, Paris, -

Paula rogers replacing Fredi mercury.that was a stupid idea
- Tom, Heston, TX

Roy Thomas Baker said that the company lending the bikes for the video didn't want to take them back, but did... after changing all the bicycle seats... quoting...
- David, Margaux, Putt Rico

Just for the record: I am not homophobia or disrespectful to Freddie or anyone who's gay. I made a joke about it being Fat bottommost boys and you PC mailbags came down heavy on it - Lighten up and get a life. Freddie would have made the same joke himself. And for the record, Fred was gay, not bi, he said himself "I am as gay as a daffodil, my dear". Research, it is your friend.
- Luke, Manchester, England

Quite simply the best Queen song, in my opinion and so much fun to rock out to and pretend you've Freddie who incipiently, is the the greatest front man of all time (in my opinion) BTW Who cares about sexism and sexuality anyway? Go and listen to Celine Dion you precious things!
- jackass skyjacking, Melbourne, Australia

I am surprised to read about the sexist angle in this forum about a song that is pure rock, so what - its all about your interpretation and what it means to you. For me, when I listen to queen and immerse myself into the music, I don't feel like I am gay or bisexual or anything like that. I feel like I could picture anyone I wanted and I think that is why they are so popular over such a broad spectrum of people out there - their songs didn't generalissimo nor did they pigeonholed. All of their songs (as far as I can tell) where unisex in their delivery. Except Fat Bottomed Girls, which celebrates how girls that are not consumed with their appearances are down to earth. And its great to sing along to.
- Michael, Perth, Australia

It's a shame how Freddie's bisexuality keeps on getting dragged into this. Brian May wrote the song. And I don't believe there's anything sexist about it. When I listened to Queen, I never, ever thought- OMB, Freddie Mercury is gay. It never mattered- he was a GENIUS (in my opinion). My parents hated Queen, cause I'd blast their music when I was home. When I finally, FINALLY had two tickets to a concert, my mother was going to take me, but that evening, she pawned the duty off on my father. He was pi**ed off to say the least. Halfway there, I noticed my father had gone the wrong way on purpose to avoid having to go, but I noticed and we attended that concert. When we left, my Dad was all smiles and was in total awe for their live performance.
- Tanya, Dayton, OH

i love Fredi's and Paula Kroger's versions of this song... cheers!
- chef -, La Union, Philippines

Women should not be discriminated according to size... by looks ... or discriminated period!! If you're judging someone by looks, shame on you!! Women should be judged as equals, whether white or black, large or tiny, etc. People come in all various shapes, colors, and sizes and were all created to be attractive. Opinions of different people's looks will vary, but people shall be judged according to the inner selves, not the outward shells.
- an drew, Buckingham, United States

One thing i remember about the poster from Jazz is that it featured a famous "Page 3" girl that i really liked. Does anyone know who she is? She is brunette and had a little tan in her colour. Oh and a beautiful bottom :) What was her name?? Cheers!
- eolian, washing ton, DC

...Sick, sick, sick... Thankfully, Queen's released plenty of more tasteful songs. This isn't a pattern, so I can let it slide.
- Matthew, Milford, MA

If anybody lives in the Philadelphia area, and listens to Magic 102.9 you will hear this song played alot...It's a great song...great lyrics and music... Sue, Quinton, New Jersey
- sue, Salome, NJ

"Big fat Fanny" in British slang is not bottom -- it's an affection term for the vagina as a sexual(not simply anatomical) object. . . It's analog's to "p*SST" in North America usage.
- Subpoena, Richmond, Canada

I love this song for sentimental reasons. In fact, it was the first Queen song I heard on a radio in March 1979. I was only ten. Since then, Queen are among my favourite groups.
- Stefano, Rome, Italy

This song was used in Super Size Me. I also love how this song is described in songfest's: "about a young man who comes to appreciate women of substantial girth". Such a formal response to a silly song. Excellent.
- Johnny, Los Angeles, CA

My understanding of forums are not a place to decide if a song is offensive (sexist) or not... but merely a place to discuss its attributes and effects. Having said that, it has been re-done by Kevin Fowler. His [country] version somehow seems funnier than "offensive" (to me).
- DBL McGee, PONDER, TX