SEO

January 17, 2009

Linda Gail Lewis + Van Morrison: Baby You Got What It Takes [Ross-on-Wye, Wales 2000]

Linda Gail Lewis + Van Morrison: Baby You Got What It Takes
Video sent by mrjyn


LINDA GAIL LEWIS CLAIMS SEXUAL DISCRIMINATION

Miss Lewis told the tribunal:

"What I didn't realise was that he was trying to ruin my career and life." The tribunal earlier heard Morrison had asked Miss Lewis to divorce her husband...

"He kept insisting that when I went home for Christmas 2000 I would ask my husband for a divorce and I would not have sex with him."

"His behaviour was getting bizarre." She said she had gone "a lot further than I ever should have" with Morrison. "I didn't realise he would try to ruin my career and my life," she said.

*14 January, 2003
[Van Morrison case over]

A claim against rock star Van Morrison has ended after LGL dropped claims of sex discrimination at a tribunal. The sister of rock'n'roll legend Jerry Lee Lewis, Linda Gail Lewis, had accused Morrison, 57, of trying to ruin her life by asking her for sex and telling her to divorce her husband.

Miss Lewis 54, of Penarth, south Wales, has appeared on over 50 albums. Miss Lewis, who toured with Morrison, withdrew five sex discrimination claims against the singer following six hours of legal discussion at the tribunal in Cardiff on Monday. Neither side was prepared to comment on the terms of the settlement.
Eight-times married Miss Lewis launched the tribunal action nearly two years ago...which ruled that five out of 13 allegations of sex discrimination would be investigated. Morrison had denied having a sexual relationship with Miss Lewis. His solicitor said: "He has now accepted a full apology and comprehensive retraction.

"Miss Lewis has given a full apology and retraction to Mr Morrison." "The parties are now happy to move on with their lives," she added.

[THANKS TO PETER CHECKSFIELD FOR CLIP + DEDICATED TO teddyfather07]