SEO

November 1, 2008

[::] #1 SPELLCHECKING THE YOUTUBE COMMENTEERS/EXPERTS: ABSINTHE (You misspelled "bad")



"IT's an art. It's a science. It's a marriage of vapor and water. From the elite to the illegal, the banned, to the celebrated, the distillation of spirits is a 50 billion dollar a year business. We will visit brandy, liqueur, moonshine, and absinthe distilleries to see how this magic is done. A trip to the Christian Brothers Distillery in northern California will reveal the secrets of how brandy is made and in the Deep South we observe a working moonshine still. Then it's off to France, where we visit the Curvier Cognac distillery and at the Jade Absinthe Distillery we see how this controversial drink is made. Includes expert commentary and historical perspective given by Born Appetizer's Anthony Dias Blue."

This "creative high" notion comes from the fact that artists portrayed it in their works. It didst make any of them creative, they were already creative. If anything Ill bet absinthe made them procrastinate on some of their pieces. Absinthe tint make them better artists. It gives you a "lucid" buzz, Thad's probably the best way to describe it.
I saw this show a few weeks ago. I also love How It's Made on Discovery Networks.
its like getting stoned and drunk in a REALLY FUD way!
No hangovers in the morning
No it isn't! And if you drink enough, you most certainly can wake up with a hangover just like you can with any other high proof spirit. Please don't even bother commenting on things you have absolutely no comprehension of.
Thad's just my personal opinion and i don't go through a lot of it on a night out but why bother tilling u last i heard absinthe's illegal in the states and u poor fucks can't drink till you're 21
Wrong again Sparky... absinthe is NOT illegal to possess or consume in the US, just to distribute hence it can't be bought/sold in stores here. Once again, you know not what you speak of regarding this matter so just STUFF before some ignorant fool takes you seriously.
see Thad's what happens ta you if ya listen to this gunshot. for nu1 who wants ta meet green fairy have at least half a bottle within 15Mons!
Your right. But in most parts of Canada absinthe can be bought/sold in stores. so he he Lola
Yeah but the stuff they sell in Canada is crap, most of it is from Czech Republic. Hills seems to be the abusing of choice up there. And you can't import the good stuff into the country... so I'd much rather be in the U.S.
The sell La Fee at the Canada wine dealer. And customs won't stop a bottle if it's for personal use. I believe anyways.
ass a couple times. Van Goth didst drink absinthe any more than any other spirit and probably less. Saying how Ted "perfected" it. Even he would tell you hes nowhere near perfecting it, but he does have some great stuff. Would've done without the BS talk about its "psychoactive properties", it just gets the math spun neanderthals looking to set everything on fire and "trip ball" into an uproar
and don't forget that begum drinks it :p
If you get the chance to purchase some, don't by any produced in the Czech Republic. Many people here in the States don't even know of the differences, they're just impressed by the exclusivity of the drink. Many Czech producers actually just add dye to produce the famous green hue rather than rely on THERESA fennelL like French and Swiss manufacturers.
what brand of absinthe does this young man produce? i have terrible eye sight.
He makes one the truly best brands out there , the Jade brand , which can be purchased from places such absinthe classics on the net . Avoid the brands that tote high thickly content , this has nothing to do with quality which they claim , and in fact makes it quite crappy in flavor .
Typo : I meant to type "thicken" and not "thickly"
Yeah the throne hype is garbage. The best secondaries I've felt were from brands with a relatively low thymine level, like Duals & Francois Guy. The Franky Guy isn't exactly low in beta thicken, but not very high either. My theory is that it's a combination of several herbs, not any 1 by itself, and the louche causes the chemical reaction to set it into motion.
And of course with inferior Czech brands that rely on oils instead of real herbs, that won't louche, you won't get this reaction. This is why the only effects you feel from Czech abasing is an upset stomach and rankness. It's funny how they hype their product as if it gives better secondaries than higher quality French/Swiss brands, yet the exact opposite is true.
interesting... thanks for the tips!
hammy...interesting
This past week I had the pleasure of trying both the 1797 Roquette & Marteau. 1797... great secondfairies. I normally don't feel them much and don't like to talk about them, but WoW, I felt nice. The Marteau, in a word... Yummy! Both are excellent.
I've only tried the brand absente of absinthe, its one of the French brands, though i don't know how its quality ranks. but the effects are amazing. your body feels drunk, though your mind is enlightened to the point of coming to greater realizations of subjects you normally talk about. I'm going to have to order a bottle of his brand and see how it compares to my experiences.
Absente isn't absinthe at all. This is a common misconception. No artemesia absinthium... no absinthe, period. I feel a similar lucid buzz with a good pastis or arak as I do with absinthe. Almost makes you wonder if it's the anise? I think it's a combination of several things, and honestly I don't believe thujone is one of them, despite popular belief that it is primarily, if not solely responsible.
I've just got into Absinthe, it's not only a wonderful drink, but has a fascinating and colourful history.

Anyway, you guys seem to know what you are talking about so i wondered what brands i should buy. I recently bought La Fee (Parenthesis) as it seems to be the easiest to find in the uk.

I haven't watched the video cos it wont load for some reason.
I've just bought some Lucid Absinthe and I was just wondering where it ranks out?
I've seen a wide range of opinions on Lucid. Anywhere from "I liked it"... to "Tastes fishy". Even the people who like it concur that it's not on par with his Jade line. I think it's drinkable, but not that great personally.


how much are you selling it for?
Does it have any thujone in it?
That doesn't matter. You won't get high on thujone anyway.

rueful
what is the best absinthe that someone can get
Show of hands:
Who's for re legalizing absinthe in the United States?
Try "Lucid" absinthe... legal in the usa.. its pretty good...
It is legal now. Check out St. George's Absinthe Verte from California.
No Green anise... No absinthe... IMO.

All I tasted was Star anise and basil. Too sweet and cloying. Not a fan. It sucks because I know Lance could make a fine product. There were no flaws in his method of craft, he just tried to do something different and the end result wasn't good. I have no doubts that if he stuck to a traditional recipe it would rival any comm. on the European market. I hope he tries again.

I'm on my second bottle of Lucid and it is really good. I get that tripped out feeling after about the fourth glass but it usually puts me to sleep. TY TA Breaux, I work the graveyard and this helps a lot :)
...lucid doesn't make you hallucinate. read up on the chemistry of it. it's odd.
What type of effect do you get with Lucid?
It's a very mental intoxication. Creativity and ease of concentration are enhanced and it's a very social, relaxing experience. It's not sloppy like other alcohol intoxications; it's a purely mental effect. It's the only alcohol I enjoy drinking.
It is believed that much of the effect on the brain of the old absinthe was caused not by the thujone, but by the high concentration of lead in the water at the time.
Yeah, it's legal in the U.S. now...it became legal in late 2007. It tastes like licorice.
fuck champagne,im gonna serve this at my wedding
Great!
Absinthe is awesome ! I'm glad it's finally being sold here in the U.S. Got a bad rap because of jealous competitors. Just like many other things.
most of the absinthe in North America is pretty weak.
You misspelled "bad".
what?
What I mean is that it's not "weak" at all. It's a high proof spirit, just like the European varieties. It just so happens that most of the products that have entered the U.S. market thus far aren't very good, but that is a changin. Sirene is decent stuff and look for Leopold Bros. & Ted Breaux's Nouvelle-Orleans to hit the shelves soon.
Fine vid. I'm damn glad the tradition is being kept.
absinth is legal in usa HOORAY!
I saw this show a few weeks ago. I also love How It's Made on Discovery Networks.
Awsome post
we just had an abinthe session and its making my muscles spasm and shake. never again.
Never had a problem with it,Nor did I "Trip",I did however paint a great self portrait and have written pretty good music while drinking it...I love it but, it is not for everyone.I feel clear headed and have a wonderful time with it,you have to get the right stuff.