12.00am - 12.10am
Elvis, Ginger Billy and Charlie leave Dr Hofmans practice and head back to Graceland.
|1.08 ug/ml |
Elvis turns the car back into the drive at Graceland.
There's a small gathering of fans at the gate, including Robert Call, his wife and four year old daughter, Abby from Pierceton, Indiana.
At some point Elvis changed from his jogging suit and into a striped workout suit.
Ricky returns from the all night pharmacy at the BMH.
|0.03 ug/ml |
They had been taking pictures of themselves using Graceland as the backdrop for the photos.
As Elvis turned into Graceland Mrs. Call held her daughter Abby up towards the car window, Elvis grinned and raised his hand.
|Elvis calls Tish Henley and told her Ginger was suffering from menstrual pain. Some books merely say that Tish dispensed one tablet of Dilaudid.||0.05-3.0 ug/ml|
During this one and a half hour spell there a two or three stories floating around as to things that happened.
|Methaqualone||6.0 ug/ml |
Robert Call, using an Instamatic camera and flash cube captured the moment.
Ginger has always claimed she has no recollection of this whatsoever.
Vernon and Elvis had a conversation that developed from Elvis telling Vernon about his marriage intentions to Ginger...
he was concerned about the differnece in age between them.
|Diazepam (Valium)||0.02 ug/ml||0.1-1.0 ug/ml |
What happened in full is that Elvis called down to Ricky and told him to go to the all night pharmacy to get the prescription that Tish had written.
The other story is that Elvis and Ginger were overheard arguing over her going on the tour.
Elvis wanted that and expected it of her, but Ginger didn't want to go.
|Diazepam Metabolite||0.302 ug/ml||0.02-0.05 ug/ml |
This was why Ricky was called by Elvis to do the same task a few hours later.
|Ethinamate *|| |
Ethinamate is Valamin, Valmid, a sedative/hypnotic- is used to treat insomnia
|Ethchlorvynal **|| |
Ethchlorvynal is Placidyl
|Pentobarbital+||3.4 ug/ml||1.0-4.0 ug/ml||>5.0 ug/ml|
|Butabarbital++||11.0 ug/ml||10.0-14.0 ug/ml||>30.0 ug/ml|
|Phenobarbital+++||5.0 ug/ml||15.0-35.0 ug/ml|
in good spirits and didn't show any kind big falling out-- went to play racquetball.
*larry gellar says he was at Graceland when Elvis walked in. He heard him come in and went and approached Elvis.
Elvis paused in front of Larry and raised his hand towards his face and pulled his sunglasses partly away from his face and looked at Larry and shook his head, indicating to Larry that he wasn't feeling too good.
Back upstairs Elvis called down to ask Dick Grob to come up and go over some details of the tour. He mentioned to Dick Grob about adding a few songs into the repertoire and asked him to sort out the lead sheets for the words and music and to make sure they would be available on stage if Elvis needed to refer to them.
Grob later said that the topic of the book, "Elvis, What Happened?" came up and that this would be Elvis' first public appearance since it had been on sale. When he was leaving the room Elvis said to him, "Dick, we'll just show 'em how wrong they are. We'll make this tour the best ever."
Elvis called down to Sam Thompson and asked him to come upstairs. Elvis mentioned to Sam about some of the songs he was thinking of including in the tour and to ask if everything was okay regarding taking Lisa back later on that day.
After Sam left Elvis got on the intercom and asked for Larry Gellar, Larry was told Elvis wanted him right now on the intercom phone, so Larry picks it up and Elvis says, "Larry, how ya doin'?" to which Larry replies, "Fine." Elvis says, "Did you bring me those books from Los Angeles?" Larry says, "Yeah, I gottem here." Elvis says, "Well maybe you should come upstairs, coz there's a lot I wanna talk to you about." Larry replies, "Yeah, but Elvis, you know, we're gonna go on tour tomorrow, we'll have every night to talk, why don't you get some rest?"
As one of the books Larry bought to Elvis was upstairs directly after the racquetball game it would indicate that Larry did take the books up to Elvis.
**Elvis was in good spirits and he didn't show any kind big falling out when he went to play racquetball.
+Pentobarbital is Nembutal a barbituate for insomnia
++Butabarbital is Butisol a barbituate for insomnia
+++Phenobarbital, a barbituate commonly used for seizure, can cause drowsiness.
1. 10:30 PM appointment, Elvis returns at 12:30 - 1:30 AM. There is a two to three hour dentist appointment. Was there other business for Elvis to complete, other than having teeth cleaned and a filling tended to?
2. Why would Elvis wear his DEA jogging suit to the dentist? In the normal course of any law enforcement personnel, Officers, Deputies, Troopers or agents don't usually wear uniforms, fatigues, or other official clothing while "off duty".
3. If a filling was tended to, and Elvis had his teeth cleaned, one would have to presume that something was given to him for the pain. This would more than likely be Novocaine and/or some other pain reliever during and after the dental procedure. Why did he have such energy, if he was experiencing pain from the visit to the Dentist.
4. Why on August 15, did Elvis decide that he needed the dental work done right then? Elvis knew the concert tour was about to begin. Elvis had plenty of time prior to the 15th to tend to the dental work.
5. A dentist is also usually very careful on doing dental work on a patient with any known heart conditions. The dentist will usually start an antibiotic prior because of the possibilityof infection getting into the system during the procedure. How did he get in to see the Dentist without prior antibiotic treatment. If the alleged heart condition was charted, antibiotic treatment would generally be required. It may be that there wasn't any heart condition!
6. It was noted as interesting that the amount of energy Elvis had to play racquetball, and sing, after a dental appointment, causes some to question the possibility of pain or discomfort effecting him. In much of the research there are indications that Elvis relaxed by playing racquetball and singing. What had him so uneasy? It is probable that he had some anxieties about the great change that was about to occur in his life.
7. There are conflicting statements about Elvis' pajamas that he changed into when he was getting ready for bed. The reports signify a color difference. Some reports state that he was wearing powder blue pajamas, some state that the pajamas were blue top and gold/yellow bottoms. Ginger Alden, who was with Elvis when he changed into his pajamas, was up until he went into the bathroom to read, indicates he was wearing powder blue pajamas. All reports from those who observed the body in the bathroom, indicate that the pajamas were blue tops and gold bottoms. Could this indicate the person who was wearing powder blue pajamas was not the body in the bathroom?